HPEVS Customer Builds Using Our Drive Systems
Header Content Region
Insert text, image or banner ads here, or just delete this text and leave this area blank!
Innovation in Motion, Powered by Electricity
What Has Been Done with Our Drive Systems!!
Jeff had a vision when he converted his 2005 Honda TRX450R quad from gas burning to electric, he wanted to "Design and build an electric quad using a stock frame while keeping the stock look", with a desire to keep the weigh under 400#. It certainly looks like he has hit the mark.
- 2005 Honda TRX450R, purchased from Kelly at KMS Performance (was previously a gasoline drag race quad) modified by Lonestar Racing
- Sealed HPEVS AC-35 controlled by Curtis Instruments 1238-7601 controller
- Earth X Motorsports ETX48E X 9 = 120.6V capable of up to 1,000A burst, built in Battery Management System.
- Also, ETX12A x 1 for controls and LED lights.
- Two removable battery boxes, 65 lbs. total w/ tray
“ At the voltage and current above, the motor is ~76 hp which is good but 129 lb. ft. of torque at the motor! I have a 15 tooth front sprocket and a 70 tooth rear sprocket using 530 chain on a +14” swingarm. So the gear ratio is 4.7:1 so 606 lb. ft. at the axle = Diesel truck territory! ”
Mr. Scott Masterson took a brand new 2016 Bayliner 175 boat and removed the original 3.0L gas burning motor in favor of one of our dual AC34x2 oil cooled motors .
Congratulations on an awesome build!
Our friend Jehu Garcia, who is located here in Southern California has a YouTube show called The Electric Samba project. Jehu recently traveled to San Marcos to visit Michael Bream and his shop EV West to look at what EV West is working on. In this episode, EV West shows off the Factory Five 818 project that they currently working on; which incidentally, has a HPEVS 35X2 motor installed!